One Manual, Six Stops, Five Ranks
The one manual and pedal instrument of 6 stops at First Baptist Church, Dalton, Georgia was originally built by Pilcher and Sons. It was originally installed in the church sanctuary in 1896 and is listed
on the register of the
Organ Historical Society. The organ employs both mechanical key
and stop action and the temperament is equal.
The case work is of oak and features a stenciled facade. The stencil had been painted over so it was necessary to strip the pipes and restore the original pattern.
The organ served the church well in the main sanctuary until its removal during World War II. It was stored in the home of a church member until it was returned to the church and placed in a new Chapel in 1960. The A. E. Schlueter Pipe Organ Company was selected to refurbish the instrument. One reservoir fold had been removed by another organ company when the organ was moved into the chapel in 1960. Our rebuilding included manufacturing of a third fold for the reservoir in order to provide necessary winding capacity as was originally designed.
8' Open Diapason, 39 pipes
8' Melodia, 39 pipes
8' Unison Bass, 17 Pipes (C-E)
8' Dulciana, 56 pipes
4' Gemshorn, 56 pipes
Super Octave Coupler
16' Bourdon, 27 pipes
Manual to Pedal Coupler
Manual Compass C1 - G56
Pedal Compass C1 - D27
Windchest in the process of being rebuilt.